3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 11117 times)  

I have a LGB of Little Black Sambo "B" (on botton of last page) in Mint condition. Back cover lists to D10 Three Pigs. It is in mint condition. Does anyone know the approx. current value.

Not many mint books are found. If your book has 42 pages it could have a vlue of 150.00 or more.this is a highly sought after book. This title was also published in 28 and 24 pages with a value of half that but I believe the only 'B' edition was the first.

It does have 42 pages if you include the Title and copyright pages. The binding is in great shape and matched to the border of the back page. It’s not faded so it’s hard to tell where the binding ends and the border begins. I also have Funny Book (“B 42” on last page) with the same type of binding but it is a little faded and doesn’t line up. The back cover lists to 64 Five Little Firemen and D10 Three Pigs. All the pictures and covers are bright and colorful, a few of the pages are done in black and white. There is no writing, marks, or labels of any kind. The top corners come to perfect sharp corners. The only wear which is very slight is on the bottom corners of the outside covers (wear is so slight you don’t notice from the inside). I got these books from an estate auction in a good size lot of books. I found several books signed by the author and decanted to the former owner. I think she was in the publishing industry. She also had a invitation to the opening of the N. C. Wyeth Library. Most of her books are in great shape. Thank you for the information.

The Funny Book #74 is also in great shape except for the faded binding. It list to 93 Brave Cowboy Bill and D12 Once Upon a Wintertime. Do you know it’s value?

*** I am selling the this Little Black Sambo "B" on ebay auction number 3504141541 ***

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1