2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 31526 times)  

Hello! I purchased a LGB Pets for Peter plus Jig-Saw Puzzle at a Goodwill yesterday that is in what I believe to be Excellent Condition for its age. It is a 1st Edition - 1950, with the A on the last page. The back cover goes to D17 and the number 82 is printed on the front, All of the puzzle pieces are with the book and they are in excellent condition, The book has no writing, but the page edges appear to have been colored with a marker or something while the book was closed as the color is almost non-existent when the book is open. There are no creases. The colors are all great, pages white, no stains. The foil show light rubbing at the top and bottom of the spine and the cover only shows very light edge wear. The spine is just starting to pull apart at the bottom of the back cover about a quarter inch or so. Other than that the book is great! I believe this is a rare find because I have been searching for a few hours today, and cannot find one like it - or at least in the same condition with the puzzle fully intact. I just started collecting LGBs about 2 months ago, and I know very little about the value. Any ideas how much this may be worth?

By: Likes:

It has not been colored with a marker, that is the way the older books pages look. You have a wonderful find for your collection. The guidebooks say with complete puzzle the value is about 100.00, if it is in mint shape. I have seen some sell for more. The value is 10.00 if there is no puzzle.You say it is excellent condition but then list the flaws. I would judge it to be more of a good condition with rubbing and a slight seperation of spine. Never the less, it is a wonderful book for you to own. Congrtulations!

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1