4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4306 times)  

Hello! I'm desperately looking for a specific version of the Little Golden Book version of Disney's Cinderella.
My mom read it to me when I was around 3 (which would have been in 1987)
The page right after her stepsister's rip her dress off had text along the lines of "she ran to the garden and wept bitterly" I would have her re-read those lines to me over and over and it became sort of a thing between me and her as I grew up.

this text has changed drastically in the versions I have found so far. I bought the 50s version, the golden tell-a-tale version, the newest version and even a non-golden book version in hopes to find the proper text
i recently ordered the 1986 version of amazon but i need to know if it has the proper text in it as I'm trying to give this to my mom as a mother's day gift.

Thank you so so much for your help Smile

I have a dozen copies of the Little Golden Book- Cinderella. There are three different word versions and none repeat the words you quote. There are many sizes of golden books and I will continue to search for you.

Goldhunt: it's very possible that both my mom and I are remembering the wording wrong it could have been "wept and wept" that might have to suffice for the gift haha

thanks so much for checking!

One said: Poor Cinderella sat weeping in the garden.( 1950)
One said: Cinderella ran into the garden. She wept and wept.( 1986)
One said: Poor Cinderella! She ran to the garden and wept as if her heart would break.( the newest classic edition but never published these words in any other book) LOL

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1