2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3035 times)  

In the early/mid 80's my Dad had a big fat collection of children's stories. It came from my Grandma, I believe, and was old. There were no modern stories in it (for the time), like Disney or Sesame St. I assume it was put out by Little Golden Books, as it had The Happy Little Whale (the happy little whale in the deep blue sea who was 9 feet long from her nose to her tail) and Rupert the Rhino. This story was our absolute favorite, and I can't find it on any listings of Little Golden Books- as I can't remember the title, and I don't see anything that looks like it could be the title. It's not "The busy baby lion" by Wonder Books.

It begins, "It was naptime in the jungle, but lion cub wasn't sleepy."

I would LOVE to get my hands on this big collection, or at least the title/author to see about getting the individual story (as I've done with the other two mentioned stories). You seem to have a Little Golden Book super power, and I'm hoping you'll know off the top of your head!

Thanks (either way)
Sarah

hopeful
By: Likes:

I have looked in my large collection books for one with Rupert in it and found none. I will continue to ask around for others to look. Rupert the Rhinoceros is a Little Golden Book which is available on ebay as you read this.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1