10 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 18115 times)  

I have 3 books from The Little Golden Book Library that I would like to see the value of. The first is Golden Favorites which has a copyright of 1969 and is in pretty good condition. The only thing I can find wrong is the hard cover has a few scratches. The Second is Bedtime Stories with a copyright date of 1969. The spin on this one is a little loss and also has a few scartches on the cover. Finally Fairy Tales and Ryhmes with a copyright date of 1969. The spin on it is also a little loss with a few scratches on the cover. Any help would be so great. My grandmother gave these to me and I was told she read these to me as a child.

cheerful

This set of three books came in a sleeve that held them all. Because of the variety of stories and illustrators they are quite collectable. I would set a value of 10.00+ per book. If you have the three books and the sleeve to hold them it would be higher.

happy

I don't have the Sleeve they came in just the 3 Books. Thanks for replying to my question. I have looked for info on these books for weeks with no luck. Big Grin

angelic

I have a boxed set of these here in New Zealand = all four books 1969 ed. in Cardboard sleeve - a bit tired, spines have been taped but all there in very readable condition - what is a whole set worth as I can't find anyting on the Net

Cheers

John

bartletts@paradise.net.nz

From the condition you stated there is probably not much value....

I came across the boxed set 1969 edition of "Our Wonderful World" "Golden Favorites," "Fairy Tales and Rhymes," and "Bedtime Stories.". I am going down memory lane looking at these books Nd cannot wait to find some time to read them. There are many titles illustrated by Eloise Wilkin. It made my day!! any IDE of the value of this? the sleeve is intact, no tears or blemishes. all the books are in very good condition. Thanks.

The book set in mint condition( few found that way) would have a value of 35-50 US.

I have the set, in excellent condition and with printing errors in the Golden Favoites book or this 4 book set. And they all look to be never opened, the is light shelf ware on the cardboard sleeve. Please tell me if the extra copies of pages in the storie "I can fly" in this book, and the major mis print in the ink of the cover page of the story "The Saggy Baggy Elephant, would have an effect good or bad on my sets value and popularity? Also what would its value be?

The extra pages do not detract from the books but a collector would also like it as miscut and printed book. It does not change the value.

I have the big brown bear copyright 1944, 1947. Someone has tapes a piece of paper to the side to state the name of the book. Tape has turned yellow. Apart from the fine. Dennis the menace waits for santa claus. 1961. Great condition. And tenggren's tawny scrawny lion. 1952. Missing a bot of the top right hand corner of the cover. What's that value, may I ask?

10 posts :: Page 1 of 1