6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8270 times)  

Back in the 50s, I had a book about dolls from around the world. I'm pretty sure it was a little golden book. Does anyone have any knowledge of this book?

Hi there Smile

I'm new to this so I'm not sure how it all works, but I saw your post and thought maybe I could help.

I have a book called "Dolls from Many Lands" which could be the book you mean.

It's a small Rand McNally Junior Elf Book and I've had it since I was a child, however, I'm only 24, so I'm not sure if it would be the same as the you're talking about (from the 50s).

There's nothing on this book to indicate any publication date, but I can give you the author and illustrator names:

Author: Renee Bartkowski
Illustrator: Dorothy Grider

Aside from that, there are no other informative marks on the book. It's very small and thin and has an illustration of the many different dolls on the cover (which is white).

The price is marked in a little black circle at 49 cents.

Ummm... not sure what else to say. I can scan the cover or a page if you like.

Hope this helps!

That may be the book I am looking for. Thanks for your reply.

I just went to a website and checked out the book. It was not published until 1975. I don't think this is the book. But it sounds so similar.

I think you are asking about my favorite book when I was a little girl. I have been researching for years for this book. It's called ' the Surprise Doll"...look it up on google.

Yes I have the surprise doll too from my childhood and I am
A happy granny! In Australia!

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1