6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 27067 times)  

Hello, can anyone tell me what the 5 most collectable and valuable little golden books are. I have quite a large collection that has been boxed away for 30+ years. they are all in pretty good nik. Thanks for your help, cheers Ann

The Australian market and U.S. market are two different things. In the U.S. market there really isn't a 5 most collectible in the last 30 years. In the Australian market I would guess any of the stories that had to do with Australian TV and folklore. The Disney titles that had a picture to color on the last page were also never sold in the in the U.S.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Thanks for your help, as soon as i can get my hands on a guide i will know more about them. I have just been looking at different sites and the prices some books are for sale for are $100 or more. Thats alot of money. I did share some of my books with my kids, they really enjoyed them. All of them i had as a young child, some have my name printed in the book belongs to part. What is the most valuable little book that you have seen or even maybe own. To be honest i really don't know much about them at all, only that i enjoyed reading them as a child or having them read to me. What should i do? Do i write a list and grade them etc (when i get a guide). All help is very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Again, I will agree with lgbsteve. The Australian market is so different than ours. It is difficult to answer your questions. I would suggest you make a list and grade them if you want to sell. Most titles that sell for a lot of money are the ones people want because they have a memory of the story when young. If you don't want to purchase a guide, you can watch on ebay over a period of time and see what each book is selling for to give you an idea of the value.

Smile Thanks everyone for your help. I think i might keep my books and even extend my collection.

I have the LGB Of Winnie the Pooh with Christopher Robin that has the shot gun in it then I have the editions where the shot gun has been taken out what do you think of those ones being worth anything?

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1