2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3049 times)  

Does anyone know when, exactly in the late 40's LGBs began showing 'A' 'B' etc editions with the letter on the back page? I have recently run across several copies of The Color Kittens that appear to be 1st editions, and with no difference in the binding, copyright, or titles listed on back, yet some have the letter A on the back page, and some don't. One website notes that there was a brief period when the edition was not noted on the .39 cent books. That tends to make me think the books with the A marked are earlier prints than the non-marked (as in 1949, the first year of publication for this title, the books still cost .25 cents, I believe). Seems to be confusing to a lot of people, as I doubt these are all first edition, first print, but they are listed as such (or "presumed"). The Color Kittens was published in 1949 and is #86. Thanks

By: Likes:

The number 86 titled Color Kittens was and is an A edition if it had 28 pages and no puzzle.Sometimes the A is under the edge of the spine. The B edition was 28 pages with a puzzle in back, both came out in 1949. If the book has 24 pages it is a newer copy. You can go to the guide on the front of this website to understand the markings on newer book ( under FAQ).

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1