2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3463 times)  

Hi,

i am trying to identify which book a particular illustration is from...I believe it is a golden book illustrated by Richard Scarry.

The picture is of animals marching in a band - there is a racoon at the front holding a US flag, then a big bear blowing a horn followed by a small bear with a big bass drum which has a rabbit sitting on it playing a flute. The animals are wearing red coats and red hats.

If anyone can help me identify it I would be most grateful!!

i have an old version of Chipmunk's ABC and Duck and His Friends and its not in either of them although the illustration is the same style.

Thanks

Kerrie

By: Likes:

Quote by: kezza

Hi,

i am trying to identify which book a particular illustration is from...I believe it is a golden book illustrated by Richard Scarry.

The picture is of animals marching in a band - there is a racoon at the front holding a US flag, then a big bear blowing a horn followed by a small bear with a big bass drum which has a rabbit sitting on it playing a flute. The animals are wearing red coats and red hats.

If anyone can help me identify it I would be most grateful!!

i have an old version of Chipmunk's ABC and Duck and His Friends and its not in either of them although the illustration is the same style.

Thanks

Kerrie

So as soon as I read this I pictured the same exact illustration. I have it in a book of Richard Scarry that I have that is not a Little Golden Book. Now it's under the title Merry Months of the Year -- and this particular picture is from July. it is Exactly as you described. I am working on a comprehensive little Golden Book list of the first 1-600 and that title is not in those. However it may have come out as a little golden book after that I do not know. But it is definitely Scarry. If you would like a picture email me at LP1983@gmail.com I'd be happy to provide one.

hope this helps
LP

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1