Little Golden Book Collector

Monday, December 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM GMT
 Forum Index >  Forum >  Book's Value New Topic Post Reply
 How to determine value?
   |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Candice ()  Saturday, December 02 2017 @ 01:24 AM GMT (Read 69 times)  
Anonymous: Candice

Hi all,

My dad gave me a couple of old Golden Books and I'm planning to list them on eBay if they're worth anything to pad my new son's bank account. : ) How would I go about determining that? Here are descriptions of the two I have, if that helps:

My First Book: blue spine; no price listed on front cover; no book number listed on cover like newer Golden Books; c/r year 1942; no letter notation on last page; cover a little scuffed but binding tight and pages inside are in good condition; back cover includes text beginning with "Little Golden Books are gay with pictures in color and black-and-white by outstanding juvenile illustrators" and lists 34 titles

Noises and Flibberty-Jib: gold spine with leaf pattern; no price listed on front cover; no book number listed on cover; c/r year 1947; letter notation "A" on last page; cover a little scuffed but binding tight and pages inside are in good condition (does have name written on bookplate on inside cover); back cover includes text beginning with "The Child Study Association of America says about the Little Golden Books..." and lists 41 titles and then 5 Walt Disney titles; lists price of 25 cents

Thanks in advance for any advice! I appreciate it.

New Topic Post Reply