2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4132 times)  

Hi all,

My dad gave me a couple of old Golden Books and I'm planning to list them on eBay if they're worth anything to pad my new son's bank account. : ) How would I go about determining that? Here are descriptions of the two I have, if that helps:

My First Book: blue spine; no price listed on front cover; no book number listed on cover like newer Golden Books; c/r year 1942; no letter notation on last page; cover a little scuffed but binding tight and pages inside are in good condition; back cover includes text beginning with "Little Golden Books are gay with pictures in color and black-and-white by outstanding juvenile illustrators" and lists 34 titles

Noises and Flibberty-Jib: gold spine with leaf pattern; no price listed on front cover; no book number listed on cover; c/r year 1947; letter notation "A" on last page; cover a little scuffed but binding tight and pages inside are in good condition (does have name written on bookplate on inside cover); back cover includes text beginning with "The Child Study Association of America says about the Little Golden Books..." and lists 41 titles and then 5 Walt Disney titles; lists price of 25 cents

Thanks in advance for any advice! I appreciate it.

By: Likes:

There are so many ways to determine value. the easiest is to go to ebay and look at 'sold' listings to see what they are selling for. You can also go to a local library and get a guidebook from Steve Santi to determine if you have anything of great value. Please read his guides to determine printing and value in front of guide.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1