3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2559 times)  

My mother was a collector of Little Golden Books. She collected hundreds of them, and it gave her a lot of joy and satisfaction. She passed away in September, and my sisters and I do not know what to do with all these books. The best ones were sold in an estate sale, but we still have seven large apple boxes full of these books. Many of them are old and in good condition. We just want to get them to people who would value them, but there are so many of them, who would want so many at one time? Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Although I can't offer a solution for what to do with your collection, I just wanted to let you know how wonderful I think it is that you value her collection enough to care where it goes. I too am a collector and if I was younger I would love to purchase it from you. I only hope when the time comes my son will see the value in my collection to care about where it ends up. I think you are wonderful to put your effort into this.

It is very difficult to dispose of a collection without doing it piece by piece. You could advertise in a local paper that you are disposing of it and see what kind of replies you receive. You can sell on ebay or a like venue or you can give to homeless shelter or preschool,etc.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1