4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8359 times)  

Hi I really do have what I believe to be a genuine First Edition copy of "Prayers For Children" copyright 1952 with NO other dates given NO Editons and definately NO UPC bar code. The first title on the back cover is No.42 Little Red Riding Hood and the Last one is No.421 Captain Kangaroo and Panda in the series, and the Disney titles end with D91-Pollyanna. Describing the front Cover:Blue background with Huge stained-glass church window behind 2 children. Older freckled faced boy in suit, with closed eyes and hands together praying, beside little girl in red ribboned pigtails, wearing a yellow straw hat and her wide blue eyes are open. The inside covers are delightful with several figures from the other titles. (Fireman, Pokey Puppy, Bears, Yellow Taxi, Yellow train with a red caboose, Mother Goose reading, etc. The illustrations are by Eloise Wilkin. It states inside front page: Prepared under the supervision of MARY REED PhD. Formally of Teachers College Columbia University. The rear cover is red with an advert for SEVEN (8 x11) books called Deluxe Golden Books. With a description/price and a photo of each. If this is really a FIRST EDITION then I would like to know the value of this book in todays market. Apart from shelf rubbing and a name rather heavily removed in the space and a slight scuff on the front page all the pages are in "FINE" condition. The 'GOLD flowered foil' is intact, a slight tear & remainder of what seem to be a 25cent sticker. Sorry this is loads on info, but I want to inform as best as possible. SCAN or pic available: email to sandbbutler@shaw.ca Thanks for reading~ Sylvia

Happy Reading To All:)

hopeful

Well I am posting another update to the above as I inspected further and found the letter "L" tucked underneath the back edge of the spine. Well at least I know what I have here now. A "Prayers for Children 1952 "L" Edition. But how would one determine the year of printing from the letter "L" on a popular book like this, or it's value? Can someone teel me please? I have sure learned a load of information from this site and do thank the webmaster for setting this up. I also discovered another book and will start a new thread on that. It's a "B" edition of Manners by Richard Scarry.

embarrassed

This book number I believe to be 205 as it is a blue cover. I also believe it to be 24 pages long because of the 'L' printing. The 'F' prinitng was in 1955. The 'O' printing was in 1963 as it had a Christmas spine. This would date your book between those years probably closer to 1963. The value would probably be about 4.00 if the book is in mint shape. Thanks for your comments on the site. I feed my info to a son in law and he has done a wonderful job maintaining this site.

cheerful

Hi Goldhunt, Well you are correct "again" as there are 12 double sided unpaginated pages here, in this meaningful, and wonderfully illustrated little book. I have no idea how you figured out the year of printing from those letters though. But do thank you so very much for the detailed reply. I too say "God Bless those neat computer savvy son-in-laws" I have one of those too! Wink Sylvia

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1