15 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Likes:
  (Read 38068 times)  

As you report in your history, I started collecting this year with 35 Littel Golden Books and am now at 332 including 257 titles and 80 first editions mostly from garage sales but also several from used book stores and antique dealers. I can't believe how people give these away for a quarter. My average cost per book is 76 cents. Estimated average value per book is $4 to $15, probably $10. Most valuable - probably a Hansel & Gretel Paper Doll Story Book 1961-B with all the cloths and dolls intact that I got at a garage sale for a quarter. $85 - $100 don't you think? My real question for this post is that I have what I judge to be a "good" first edition of "5 Pennies to Spend". It is well worn on the corners but no tears or writing. Of all the titles I have you are the only website on the WWW that even lists "5 Pennies to Spend". What is the value range please for a "good" "5 Pennies to Spend"? I bought it from an antique dealer in a batch of 20 for $1.10 each. Thanks, Maury

hopeful

I would guess around 10.00...just a guess without seeing the book.

i want one of the "five pennies to spend" books. if you have one that you are willing to sell please contact me at mommymer@live.com

I would also love to buy a copy of 5 pennies to spend. It was my favorite book as a child and I can't find a copy anywhere. If you are interested in selling a copy please e-mail me at wyte5317@aol.com. Thank you for your consideration.

My best friend is also looking for a copy in any condition. She read this to her son and wants to remember the story so condition is not an issue. I would love to be able to help her out. Thanks for anyone who can help.
Kbeale8305@gmail.com

I have emailed you Smile

Do you have copies of theIs book still?

I am also looking for a copy of 5 Pennies to Spend. If anyone knows where to get one, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have a Warman's Little Golden Books Identification and Price Book by Steve Santi (2006 Edition) it puts the price of 5 Pennies to Spend at $20.00.

mommadoll you are absolutely correct. That stated price would be for a first edition in mint, unread condition. Very few books that old are in that condition and the owner stated it was flawed.

15 posts :: Page 1 of 2