3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 12210 times)  

I am searching for a book as a gift for my wife and our new son. It was a book she had when she was a kid in the 1970's. She remembers a few lines from the book but not the title. She thinks it went like this: "My name is Kate, I am a kitten. I live in a house in the country..." Does this sound like it could be "Katie the Kitten"? Since I can't find this book I have no idea if I am really searching for the correct book (say if I buy it on ebay, etc.). Any help is much appreciated. More questions: - Is the 1982 version of the "Katie the Kitten" Golden Book still in print or available anywhere new? - Does anyone know if "Katie the Kitten" is included within "A family Treasury of Little Golden Books: 46 Best-Loved Stories", by Ellen L. Buell? - If I am not a collector, which version of the book should I be looking for? I have heard of the following versions (I think): Little Golden book, Golden Book, First Little Golden Book, Little Silver Book. Some from 1949 and others from 1982. So I am confused. Any help in straightening me out would be much appreciated. - Any tips on where to get a copy? I see ebay and others, but any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks, sma (confused dad and husband)

Katie the Kitten , a small tiger cat , is asleep in the hall, in a ball, in a hat. She's awake now...Watch her jump up on the chair...is how the golden book begins. The country is never mentioned so I am not sure this is the book you are looking for???? This story has been published as a silver book, first little golden book, little golden book and big golden book. I believe all stories are the same. This story is not in the family treasury that I have by Buell. There are many kitten stories.....I am not familiar with the line you gave.

You are looking for "I am a Kitten". You can get it by going to http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm and entering "I am a Kitten" in the title field and searching for it.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1