5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6213 times)  

I am looking for a book; but I'm not sure if it is a Golden Book. It is a story of a family of dogs, the puppies are the children and they all dress and live as humans. In the story, the family visits the zoo and comes to a caged "human"; then one of the puppies is bitten on the paw by the "animal"... My sister and I recall reading this book over and over but cannot find it or the title of it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays !

cheerful

I am not familiar with this storyline as a golden book. There is a Rand McNally Elf book with the title 'Three Little Puppies' that has puppies dressed in real clothes. I am not familiar with this story.

Thank you. Yes, I have seen "Three Little Puppies" book and I don't think that is the book that I seek. I can recall that the dogs in the book that I seek were more of a short haired breed, the mother dog was long and lean with light colored fur, and the dogs were dresses and all of of them walked around on their hind legs as if they were human. Also, the illustrations were drawn with fine detail, and not photographs of actual dogs. The most unusual part of the book that I seek, is the visit to the zoo where there was a "cave man-like" human in one of the exhibits, with a sign, "do not feed" or "do not touch"... and the outcome was that one of the puppies was bitten by the creature in the exhibit and had to bind it's wound. Still looking...

brainy

Thank you. Yes, I have seen "Three Little Puppies" book and I don't think that is the book that I seek. I can recall that the dogs in the book that I seek, were more of a short haired breed, the mother dog was long and lean with light colored fur, and the dogs wore dresses or pants and all of of them walked around on their hind legs as if they were human. Also, the illustrations were drawn with fine detail, and not photographs of actual dogs. The most unusual part of the book that I seek, is the visit to the zoo where there was a "cave man-like" human in one of the exhibits, with a sign, "do not feed" or "do not touch"... and the outcome was that one of the puppies was bitten by the creature in the exhibit and had to bind it's wound. Still looking...

brainy

Wink I remember the story you are talking about. I always thought that it was a Golden Book also. Perhaps that is due to the fact that we literally had dozens of Golden Books growing up. The story was cute with people in cages at the zoo. And signs that said "Warning!" "Do not feed the animals" and "Dangerous!" I don't recall the part about the puppy being bitten. But, it has been a while since I saw the book myself. You may try Usborne Books. They may have the same story. Good Luck!

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1