6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6602 times)  

I have 4 copies of TARZAN # 549 all with different back covers and are all marked with an "A" on the last page in the gutter. How can I tell which was the first printing. I also know of at least 3 more back cover on printings of this title also marked with the "A" on the back page.

They are all first printings( first runs can be 1,000 of books) BUT if you want to check to see which back cover was first used you will have to buy a guidebook which shows the back covers in order of printing( close anyway). Many of the books of the same printings had different back covers. Guidebooks are often available at the library.

I have looked in a guide and the question comes up about the back cover.
2 of the back covers are listed as being used in 1961 and 3 were used during 1963 while the book was not released until 1964. Are these dates that the back cover ad was first used?

Thank You

My only 'guess' would be that they were cleaning up overruns of older back covers.

I have a first edition copy - 1984 - but I'm not sure which printing I have - the string of numbers on the copyright page is:
87 88 28 27 26 25 24 23 22

Thank you for your help.

What is the title of your little golden book?
Remember copyright is the story not the publication of this particular book.

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1