5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6877 times)  

I am trying to find out the name of two different Little Golden Books. I can give a description of the covers...One had a sky-blue cover with a bushy-tailed squirrel and he was sitting on a pine branch. The other book had an alley cat on the front, and the story included the cat walking on a brick privacy wall. I would have had these books in the mid-70's, but I believe they weren't new and were probably published before that time. If you have any information I would truly appreciate it.

The cat book might be an LBG called "Charlie." He's an alley cat, he does jump up onto a retaining wall and look down into a courtyard, and he gets a lady's hat out of a tree.

There's an LGB called "Perri and Her Friends" that has an actual photograph of a squirrel on the cover, and one called "Chip Chip" with a chipmunk drawn in a coffeepot(?) hanging from the end of a branch. Then there's a Rand McNally Elf book called "Scamper" with a squirrel on a branch on the cover.

The golden book Charlie was published in 1970.....time is right for you.
The squirrel book sounds like The Rand McNally Elf book which is the same size as the golden books...and the squirrel is on a pine branch.It was originally published in 1959 but a later printing was also made. The cover has a blue sky background.

Thank you both for your help. I found the squirrel book, it was actually "Squirrel Twins". I haven't found "Charlie" yet, but you were right about the story, I can remember those parts now that you mentioned them. Thank you both again. You've made my day!

Can you please let me know if you are successful in findig this book? Charlie was my favorite story and when my ex-husband left, he took my book.

Thanks,

Stella

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1