2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3688 times)  

I have a Golden Book that was given to my father when he was a boy. The title is, " My First Book of Bible Stories" copyright 1943, Simon & Schuster. It does say A Little Golden Book on the bottom of the cover. On the cover is Moses in the bullrushes being discovered by the Egyption Princess. The Book has a dark blue binding and it is in good condition. Just normal wear and aging. It has been inscribed to my father from his sunday school teacher. There are marks with a pen from someone tracing over a couple of the animal pictures inside the front cover. The cardboard cover and pages are detailed in red on the edges. Not sure if somebody did this with a marker or not. It appears to me that is supposed to be that way. Just curious if anyone has any knowledge? (**see next post for picture**)

By: Likes:

The book should have 42 pages. The red edging was normal for those earlier books. The blue binding tells me it had a dust jacket when it was published. The edition was usually in the front of the book and will say first printing, second printing and so on. The value of a first edition in mint condition would be 40.00. If it is complete with dust jacket...75.00 and up!

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1