3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3874 times)  

Hi, I have a copy of Wacky Witch which I've had since I was a child and loved and I read it to my little one who also loves it. However my copy has never had the full story. It's missing the first approx four pages - the book has the right number of pages it's just some are doubled and I have none of the title pages, copyright/production detail pages or probably the first few pages of the story. It would have been a production error.Have you ever heard of any other copies like this? My edition would probably have been around 1973. It is numbered 436 on the front but as I'm missing those front pages I don't have much to go on. Given its 'uniqueness' would it be worth anything? I do plan on trying to find a copy with the complete story given my daughter lives the book (not that it ever worried me!). Look forward to any comments.

curious

The way the books are printed if the 1st 4 are missing , the last 4 would be too. My guess is that they are removed. I will look to see if I have an extra copy of this title. Holly

Misprints in LGBs don't make them any more valuable, unlike another type book. I have a couple with double covers, the tops of another run printed on the bottom of pages, & some printed upside down. I, ironically, do not have this book. I have around 400+/-. It looks cute! I would keep it for sentimental reasons.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1