2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3085 times)  

Hi I am very new to learning about golden books though Inhave been gathering them for some time. (Since childhood...80's) but just recently I found a great deal on a stack of golden books and one caught my attention right away it was the sesame street "Bert's hall of great Inventions" it says 39 cent on front cover and almost perfect on front cover just a small scuff on top right corner spine is perfect and back cover has tiny rubs on edge. inside pages no writing and super great condition. i could not find a letter in the back or front spine corners and the cover page just says 1972 children's workshop muppet characters 1971, 1972 also the back cover does not have the any of the typical golden book designs on it it has a very colorful sesame street character scene with big bird driving a green bus that says sesame street and Golden bookmobile. Also bert and ernie,grover, Harry monster and cookie monster are in the bus with oscar in his trashcan strapped to theback of the bus. Any help figuring out if this is a special edition or possibly 1st edition? Thank you very much I don't want to sell it i am just curious if Imhave a good one?

By: Likes:

There are many exceptions to the rules when it comes to little golden books. Most but not all 39 cent lgb do not have a first edition noted. Remember I said most but not all. The second and those there after are noted as: 2nd, 3rd, 4th. We call these books unstated first editions. My unstated 39 cent book has a bookmobile back also. I do not own a 2nd so I believe but cannot establish that only the first has this back cover. Holly

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1