2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6068 times)  

Hi

Im trying to work out an age of a little golden book that has come into my collection. The name of the book is Snow White and Rose Red, pictures by Gustaf Tenggren and printed for the Golden Press Sydney. There is no copy right date in the book. It has the number 136:30 in very small print just above the bears head in the middle of the books front cover. On the back page the number of the golden Books start at 1. Prayers for children - 163. little trooper. D numbers start with D1. Johnny Appleseed - D43 Mickey Mouse and the missing Mouseketeers.

I know that you will not be able to give me the year it was made but even a slight idea of how old this book is would satisfy my wondering.

thanks for reading this post Jane Fussell

By: Likes:

I took a couple days to look over my golden books from Sydney. I cannot give you a good idea of when it was published. You can tell if it is old by the spine. It should be dull golden not glossy. The book might have an edition inside the back cover near the bottom of the spine. a would be first, B would be second and so on.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1