3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 6684 times)  

Hi Folks, I have been searching for years (at least 25) for a book from my childhood, however, I am not sure of the name. It definitely was a Little Golden Book, because I called Western Publishing in Racine, Wisconsin in about 1976 and they informed me it was out of print when I explained what it was about; even the lady I spoke with wasn't sure of the name, but she remembered the story. I'm afraid it may have been in one of the books with several christmas stories in it, that's why I can't find just "the" book. It was about Hedgehogs having trouble finding christmas presents for each other. They ended up giving Mom Hedgehog an apple, with which she made an apple pie to share with everyone in the family. It was such a cute story, with a message about not being selfish, and the pictures were adorable; (looking through the windows all lit up and there was snow on the ground outside the windows). Would love to have had this when my children were little, but they are now 28, 26 and 16! I am not very computer literate (don't really know how I function on this thing), but managed to get this far, so thought I'd ask if anyone has a clue about the title, where I could find it, etc. I have tried every search function and every combination of words I can think of. All that keeps coming up is a Hedgehogs Christmas Tree scratch and sniff book. I know that isn't it because when I was a little girl they didn't even have scratch and sniff books. If someone could help it would be great. Thanks and God Bless, Deb

curious

I Believe The Story Is Called Mr. Hedgehog's Christmas Present by Kathryn Jackson. It is located in the Richard Scarry "The Animals' Merry Christmas" a Golden Big Book originally published in 1950. It was also republished in 1972. I am not sure about any other years. Hope This Helps. Jackie Lynn Big Grin

This story is published in the book Richard Scarry's Best Story Book Ever. I have a copy.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1