3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3818 times)  

I'm new to this and am trying to identify the books I have. I have a First Little Golden Book - Busy Timmy, which I believe is a first edition because the letter sequence is A-J on the copyright page (Santi's guide says 1st letter on the left) and 1982. However when I do a book search on some book sellers websites they have this book for sale from 1973. When did they first start printing First Little Golden Books? Any help is much appreciated! Eek!

First Little Golden Books were started in 1981. Because a copyright does not mean when a book was printed someone could have pulled the copyright from the story with Wilkins art and used it later on a First Little Golden Book with June Goldsborough art when they reprinted. Without seeing the book I'd only be guessing. Since my copy like yours is a first and doesn't mention 1973 I can only assume it was an error in a later reprint or since I can only find one seller useing 1973 that it's a typo by the sellre for the copyrght renewal date of 1976. I compliment you on questioning what a seller is saying. You need to be smarter then most book dealers when collecting these types of books.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

Thanks lgbsteve,
I like to be accurate and you put my mind to rest!

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1