3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3195 times)  

HI I LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND AND HAVE COLLECTED A FEW HUNDRED GOLDEN BOOKS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS.

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOOKS PUBLISHED IN NEW YORK TO THE ONES FROM SYDNEY.

IS THERE A LIST OF ALL THE GOLDEN BOOKS PUBLISHED AND HOW WOULD I FIND IT.

I AM PLEASED THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE THE SAME INTERESTS AS I DO. Big Grin

happy

I have a few hundred Sydney published golden books. I do not know how many there are. The Sydney published lgb's have yellow end papers and the outside spine is black with gold designs. The NY lgbs have a gold print on the end papers and a gold spine with black designs. The Sydney books also have a vibrant color to the covers compared to the NY ones.I believe the insides are the same.
When John mailed me books from New Zealand, they boxes often had NY printed ones in them so I believe you can find both there in used book stores. There are titles published in Sydney that are exclusive stories to Australia plus some that are 'Story of ------' that are also exclusive. The hunt is the fun part of collecting.

In the 5th Edition of Little Golden Books Collectors guide by Steve Santi (quote):
The First books were printed by Geo. Gibbons Ltd., Leicester,England.These books had spines identical to the American gold-paper spines of the 1940's . The second spines were black with coppery-golden leaves and floweres. These were printed in Colourtone Pty. Ltd, Australia.Spines are either a gold paper similar to early American Little Golden Books, with black and gold flaked look or black with gold leaves on spine.If spines are black with silvery leaves and flowers, they were printed in Singapore by the Toppan Printing Company, Ltd. The books are now published by Golden Press PTY. Ltd., Sydney.
Me now: there are numbered 484 then jumps to 901,2,3,4then starts the disney numbers. Hope this helps a little. Get this catalog! It's great for all the collectors world wide. Wink

happy
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1