4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4005 times)  

Hi. I'm new to this site, and I'm not sure how it works. I have a question about a book I just acquired, but I also was wondering if becoming a "member" of this site has any fee associated with it... Regarding my book, I have a copy of "Little Golden Book of Words" (as appears on the front obund cover), copyright 1948, R edition, that has a cover unlike any other Little Golden Book that I've ever seen. I'm not good with the technical terms yet, but I'll try to describe it... The book has a red cover, which I guess you could call a red cloth-type cover, like you would find on most older novels of this period. About 1/3 the way down the front cover, it has "Little Golden Book of" on the first line and "Words" on the second line, both in black letters. At the top of the front cover is an illustration of a ribbon, and it has the words "BOOKS ARE FUN TO READ" written in it. The banner, those words, and the REST of the illustrations on the front cover are in white. Below that banner/ribbon and the title are illustrations of a chef, little girl running with pigtails (wearing pants), a small little boy, a bigger little boy, and another girl in a skirt. There are also some flowers and grass below them. Has anyone ever seen books like this? Are they rare? This one was a library copy, so I'm wondering if they had totally different binding for copies intended for libraries, at least during this time... Any help would be appreciated. I love Little Golden Books!

I own other titles with this Fun to Read banner. We do not know why they were printed. We do know that the cloth covers were usually library copies but most of the Fun To Read are in immaculate condition without library marks so they must have been sold to individuals too. All the books have a small illustration on the cover. Sorry I cannot help better than this.

Thanks for the help! What are the other titles you know of that had the Fun to Read banner cloth covers? What copyright dates were they? Just wondering... Also, what about registering for this site? Thanks SO much!

Anyone can register on this site. I have these titles in the Fun To Read cover: Baby Listens Baby's House First Bible Stories The Little Golden Book of Hymns Prayers For Children Seven Dwarfs Find a House Wild Animals

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1