2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3270 times)  

Back in the early 1950's, my Dad was a druggist at a Rexall Store. They had a display for Golden Books (and it was set up by the salesman with the book company) in the store. It is a wooden "house" with shelves and all hand painted. It has an old man/dwarf? smoking a pipe and looking out of the window. It also has children painted and vines, 2 doors that open up in the front, and the books were displayed in this play house. It is about 4' X 4' X 2' It was going to be thrown away, so my Dad brought it home and put a "roof" on the house..a hinged piece of masonite.. , and we used it as a toy chest for years. I still have it, and it is in good condition, in fact it is still in use! I could never think about parting with it, but over the years I have asked different collectors about it, and no one seems to know anything about it. Has anyone seen a display like this one? and was it by "Golden Books" or just something the salesman built?

By: Likes:

It is what you think it is. It is a early store display for goldenbooks.I am aware of another one in a collection. There is one for sale on ebay now.

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1