2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3597 times)  

Hi,

I had a Little Golden Book that my mom used to read to me when i was little (probably purchased around 1985.) It was about the birth of Jesus. The cover had Mary holding baby Jesus sitting on a donkey with Joseph behind her. I've tried to find the title or artist a few times, but haven't been successful.

The book starts out with Mary being pregnant with baby Jesus and her and Joseph are heading to Bethlehem. Then they stop at an Inn and have Jesus. Once he is born all the Wisemen come to visit him. I don't remember anymore of the book than this though.

If someone remembers the title could you please post a reply! Big Grin

Thank you,
Lora

By: Likes:

Hi Lora,
If it's a Golden Book you're looking for here are three possibilities;

1) "The Christmas Story" - These were published in a variety of years (1952, reprint 1991, and revised 1992). The cover has a blue background. There is a circle on the bottom two-thirds of the page. In this circle Mary is sitting next to the baby Jesus (who is lying in a manger), and Joseph is standing in front of a donky but behind Mary.

2) "The Christmas Donkey" - This was published in 1984. The cover depicts Mary carrying the baby Jesus while riding on a donkey. Joseph is not on the cover.

3) "The Story of Jesus" - This was first published in 1946. The cover is the best fit for your description. Mary is carrying the baby Jesus while riding on a donkey. Joseph is to the right of Mary apparently guiding the donkey.

I have about five copies of #1, only one bad copy of #2, and am still looking for #3. I hope this helps!
Larry

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1