2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3605 times)  

I read that the original of Mister Dog LGB #128 has 4 additional pages. Would anyone be willing to share what is on those pages? I want to know the WHOLE story.

curious
By: Likes:

Hi Ashley, Here's the rest of the story, with lead-in parts: when the dog meets the boy and invites him to come live with him, it reads: "So the boy walked on with Crispian and threw him sticks to chase, all through the shining, sun-drenched morning.

"I'm hungry," said Crispin's Crispian.
"I'm hungry, too," said the boy's little boy.
So they went to a butcher shop. . . .(says "so" instead of "then")

His house had a chimney. . . .
And there was plenty of room in his house for the boy to live there with him.
Crispian went upstairs, and the boy went with him.
And upstairs he had a little bedroom with a bed in it and a place for his leash and a pillow under which he hid his bones.
And he had windows to look out of and a garden to run around in any time he felt like running around in it. The garden was blooming with dogwood and dogtooth violets.

The last section shown above had some sentences moved around when they edited out some parts.

I hope that does it for you! Personally, I wish they would NOT condense the stories-Margaret Wise Brown was such a gifted, creative author who wrote so beautifully, it just seems SO wrong to edit her words! Other wonderful authors, too! I'd gladly have paid a little more for the complete stories. Well, enough of my ranting; it's a pet peeve of mine (sigh). Anyway, now you know the whole story!

nana/mama

Chatty
happy
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1