3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4172 times)  

I had a Christmas book as a girl that I loved. I think its was probably published before I was born,..I'm not sure the front cover was even on it ?
What I do sort of remember is a brother & sister (I think) in their home getting ready for Christmas. If I remember correctly maybe Grandparent's end up coming over ?? What I know for certain is at one point they are in the kitchen baking/decorating cookies. The colors of the kitchen & the cookies are red and a minty/jadite green.
I know this isn't much info to go on but if anyone has a clue as to which book this could be you'd make my day if you helped me out !! Thanks so much Smile

determined

Hello, I tried to answer this a while back, but either my computer or the website wasn't functioning correctly. Hope it works this time, here goes: this book is titled "Waiting for Santa Claus", Wonder Book #865; it was originally published in 1952 and titled "Christmas is Coming", old #593 (the edition my family owned during my 1950's childhood.) I found the new edition sometime in the 1970's after I'd had my first child--I'm guessing your childhood was around that era also. You remember the story very well! You can probably find a copy on one of the many used-book sites; happy hunting!

nana/mama

Chatty
cheerful

Thank you so much ! I'll start my search today. You were a fountain of information, I so appreciate your posting !! Happy Holidays Big Grin

excited
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1