3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3479 times)  

Hi! I'm relatively new to all this, I had no idea that LGBs were even collectable! I have quite a lot, some I've had since I was little(I'm 32 now), but most of them I started buying at thrift stores and rummage sales to read to my son. I've started to catalog and do some unofficial research about them, mostly for my own curiosity and I've hit a wall at the moment. I am looking for information on Where's Goldie? copyright 1983, in the bottom right corner it has GHIJ. I understand edition/printing classification, but I am not sure how to classify the condition. I cannot find anything on my own about this book's value, if any. I would like to get an idea of the value(again, if any)of the books that I currently have. I will never be able to part with any of them though!! :0)

Oh, one other question...I was wondering if someone can tell me if Random House has any affiliation to LGBs? Or are they completely seperate? What about Whitman Tell-A-Tale books? I've read a lot in my research but am still confused on this front because every article or page I come across has very different information.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

caffeinated

Please read the FAQ on this site to help you understand more about condition. Most first ittle golden books have a value of 50 cents to 2.00. This title is sought after more than most because many remember the story. I would suggest borrowing a guidebook at your local library if you are not interested in purchasing one. The author would be Santi. Random House now owns the rights to little golden books. It was purchased after Western went bankrupt .Whitman tell a tale were also printed at Western(same as little golden books). Rand McNally Elf, Tell a tale, LGB, Bonnie, Treasure, Wonder books were all produced about the same time but are different companies and lists of titles even though some were printed by the same company. A guidebbook such as the 4th edition will help you out. Good luck collecting!!

Thank you for the info and quick response!! Much appreciated!!

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1