3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4021 times)  

Hi guys, looking for what i think i remember was a Golden Book from my childhood. As far as i can remember, it's characters were all forms of transport (car, train, planes etc), and all resembled the cars as drawn in Disney's 'Cars' - eyes on the windscreen etc. Found an illustration by Dick Kelesy (Pedro the little Plane) that looks similar, but i'm sure it had cars as well. My son got a present when he turned 1 - Spoon/Fork/ etc - and it had the characters on it, but could not locate who they were. It's really bugging me - just saw Cars again and thought i gotta find out. Anmy help would be appreciated - thanks!

Don't worry guys - just found out by doing some serious Google research. The story was 'Suzy the Little Blue Coupe'. Turns out both this and Pedro the Little Airplane were inspiration for Disney in the styling of the 'Cars' characters. Now i'm off to try and buy it.

Your title was released as a Little Golden Book D131 in Australia and as a softcover book and Disney Book & Record #352 set in the United States.

Steve Santi
Author ofCollecting Little Golden Books & Warman's Children's Books
Collecting Little Golden Books and similiar Children's Books

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1