3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4145 times)  

My sister is pregnant with her first child and she had a favorite book in the early to mid 70s about a "little red squirrel who lived in a hickory tree." This is the only phrase I remember from the book. She made us read it over, and over, and over. She lost it and my mother bought her another and she wore out the books. We've teased her ever since and I would like to find a copy for her son's birth. I think it was a Golden Book because if she behaved during errands my mother would buy her a book each week. Has anyone every seen a book like this? I greatly appreciate your help with a title and any ideas of how to find one before the end of June.

Thanks. Please email brookshery@aol.com

determined

This book is called, The Lively Little Rabbit. It is about a rabbit who is befriended by a little red squirrel who lives with his family in a tree. Little Golden Books, copyright 1943. Reprinted some time in the 1960's or 70's. Illustrated by Gustaf Tenggren.

Search Lively Little Rabbit on the internet to find sources to purchase this book. Amazon and ebay are wonderful resources.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1