2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2678 times)  

Hi, My husband and I love collecting books and have many titles, authors we've worked on over the years. I definately want to add the entire little golden book collection to my collection in the years to come. Any advice out there from other collectors?? I don't mind not having 1st editions off the books as I'm collecting them more for a sentimental value than monetary. All good ideas on the best way of starting would be helpful. I intend to watch the yard sales, etc and I am going to watch for people on ebay selling groups of them at once. Thanks...anne

By: Likes:

My beginning of the collection was from yard sales. I then moved on to antique malls and used book stores and childrens' resale shops. Then I got a computer. I still do yard sales and all the rest. In the beginning I knew I was going to collect for years so I never overpaid for a book because I knew there was another one out there. Set your own guidelines and stick to them. I would recommend a gidebook by Steve Santi. He has many for sale. I began shelving by number but I would recommned you shelve alphabetically as it is so much easier to find a book when you want. I do keep my dust jacketed books seperate. Good luck,,,,

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1