3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4269 times)  

Could you please help me to locate the name of a particular Golden Book I had as a small child? I believe it was published around 1953, as I was born in 1951 and remember sharing this book with my younger brother. It is a book about Christmas. I specifically remember some of the pages illustrated crosssections of homes where the reader was allowed to peer into homes where families were celebrating the season. Memories of this book stir up much within me, and I would love to locate a copy. I browsed through Steve Santi's book was unable to find this book. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Stephanie

Steph, could it be "Uncle Mistletoe"? In this book, there is one page with a cross-section of a home, in the beginning of the story, where the family is preparing for the holiday season. The story tells of two children going thru a forest of Xmas trees to visit Santa. They come to Santa's cottage where Uncle Mistletoe takes them on a tour to see all the toys being made and tested. There is a page that illustrates a cross section of a "snotel" (snow-hotel) that houses all the toys waiting for a new home.

I just found this book a few days ago in a thrift store.

Laurie

Laurie, thanks for your response. I don't believe this is the book I am looking for. I don't remember anything about a visit to Santa's workshop. But I do appreciate your thinking of me. Stephanie

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1