3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3903 times)  

I am looking for the title of a book that my mom describes as being about a little girl who had a kitten and she dressed her kitten up. That is pretty much all I can get out of her for a description. Does anyone know the title, or if I would be able to purchase it somewhere? My mom was born in 1950 so the book is probably a late 40's early 50's print.

I hope to hear from someone soon!

Thanks,
G.

Hi
I am replying to you from Australia.

I think the book you may be referring to is called My Kitten by Patsy Scarry and illustrated by Eloise Wilkin (she illustrated many LGBs during this era). The book was published in 1953/54 and is number 163 - according to Steve Santi but the book itsef has 111 on the front?

I have a beautiful copy and would be willing to sell and send over but only if you have a Paypal account.

The little girl in the book has a tabby kitten called Fluffy, she plays with her and wheels her around in a dolls pram and puts a bonnet on her.

There is also one on US Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/A-Little-Golden-Book-VINTAGE-1953-My-Kitten-MINT_W0QQitemZ320452265802QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Childrens_Books?hash=item4a9c71874a - and it will end in about 20 hours.

Email me at leigh.mangin@gmail.com if you don't have any luck.

Cheers

Hi,

I have a copy of My Kitten on my website, www.schultzsllc.com. Let me know if that is the one you need. Thanks, Dick.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1