4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4424 times)  

I just got an the A printing of Boats. Those extra war pages look real creepy! Do you know in which printing year they removed those pages? Thanks. Donna

The 'A' printing with number 125 on the cover was published in 1951 and was 28 pages in length with a red hull on the ship. These pages included the ships used by our military. The next printing at number 339 ( around 1958)also had an 'A' edition but was 24 pages long and those military vehicles are gone. This copy has a black hull on the ship. I was growing up in those years and I went to the local ballfield during blackouts with my parents to watch for planes....it was a creepy feeling but what fun we had playing in the pitch dark...do you ever see pitch dark???

Sometimes around here in the boonies it gets "pitch dark." You mentioned looking for planes. One night here, the night was pitch. And then I saw a little star in the distance. Well, the star started moving and became two lights. The Two lights grew into three lights and the lights became something like a plane and flew right over the house and back into the distance again. That was creepy enough. But when this kept happening ten times in a row, I got the heebie jeebies! I guess you could compare the blackness of night with the whiteness of a snow after a tremendous snowfall. Then you wonder what's quieter and thicker- the bright white or the pitch black. Donna

I love them both. We are forecast to get snow tomorrow and I can hardly wait until it turns white. Of course it was forecast before and we got none...that's the wonder!! Now, I will have to shovel at work and home BUT I will still enjoy it. It is the 14th and following snows I don't like. LOL

excited
4 posts :: Page 1 of 1